Satin has a smooth feel that makes it appealing for many items from bedsheets to garments. It ranges in durability as well as cleaning options. Always check the care instructions found on the inside tag to determine the right cleaning process for your item.
- Satin items should be washed by hand or on the delicate cycle of your washer
- Use cold water along with a gentle detergent, like Woolite.
- When hand-washing, let the item soak in sudsy water for about 3 to 5 minutes. Gently squeeze the suds through the clothing. Rinse thoroughly with cool or cold water.
- DO NOT wring or twist your satin clothing as it will cause it to loose its shape.
- Avoid placing satin items in a dryer. Instead, lay the item flat on a clean, dry towel, and roll the towel, jelly-roll style, and apply pressure to squeeze out excess water. Unroll, remove item and lay flat on another clean, dry towel to finish air drying, away from sun or excess heat.
- Satin items should be ironed on a medium/light setting, with no steam. Iron the items inside-out with quick strokes, never allowing the iron to linger too long on any one spot.
Additional Tips and Advice
- NEVER wash satin items in hot water. Hot water washing may shrink your satin items as much as 10% to 20% in size.
- Satin bedding should be stored in an air-tight container placed in a cool dark place.
- Extremely delicate satin should only be dry-cleaned to avoid damage.