Larry asked: How do I clean mold off of wallboard? Black mold has appeared on some wallboard surfaces. Spraying with bleach helps, but it returns shortly thereafter.
Mold can appear on wallboard for a variety of reasons. Whether the moisture is coming from behind the wall or growing on the surface, mold is difficult to remove. Here is a simple formula that will kill and remove the mold spores from the surface of wallboard.
You Will Need:
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Mold and Mildew:
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Add bleach to the water. The amount needed will depend on the amount of mold that is present. Do not make the solution any stronger than 1 cup of bleach for each gallon of water.
- Moisten the sponge or soft cloth with the bleach water.
- Wipe the moldy areas of the wall.
- Repeat until all of the mold is removed.
- While this will remove the surface mold, if the mold is in the wallboard, it will return over time. Repeat the cleaning process regularly.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Once mold starts to grow in insulation or wallboard, the only way to truly remove it is to replace the affected areas.
- There are mold-resistant sheet rocks available to help ward off mold growth. These are especially helpful to install in moisture-filled rooms, such as the bathroom.
- There are also mold-resistant paints that can be applied to help keep mold from growing.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods