David asked, “How do we get pumpkin stains off of a hardwood floor?”
Whether a pumpkin pie spilled on the floor or your jack-o’-lantern rotted and left a stain, you can use the solutions below to restore your hardwood floor or table.
You Will Need:
- A lint-free cloth
- Steel wool
- An enzyme-digestant cleaner, such as Nature’s Miracle Hard Floor Cleaner
- Lemon oil
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Moisten a lint-free cloth and place some non-gel toothpaste on the cloth. Rub the toothpaste over the pumpkin stain in circles until the stain is removed.¹
- Select an enzyme-digestant cleaner² that is safe for hardwood or water-safe surfaces, such as Nature’s Miracle Hard Floor Cleaner. Follow the instructions on the bottle of your selected cleaner.
- Dip a fine grade of steel wool into some turpentine. Test the turpentine and steel wool on a small, inconspicuous area and if the wood is not damaged, use the turpentine and steel wool to remove the pumpkin stain.¹
- After cleaning, use lemon oil to buff and polish the area.¹
Additional Tips and Advice
- Place a plastic tablecloth or several paper plates under your Halloween pumpkin to prevent stains.¹
- Pumpkin stains can be removed from hands by rubbing with a piece of potato.³ Consider trying this solution on the floor as well.
- How The Queen Cleans Everything by Linda Cobb
- Field Guide To Stains by Virginia M. Friedman, Melissa Wagner and Nancy Armstrong
- Extraordinary Uses For Ordinary Things by Reader’s Digest