Barbara asked: How do I remove white out from my daughter’s face?
Though white out is not intended for skin, it is basically just a white, oil-based paint. Though it will wear off in a short amount of time, if you want it off right away, there are several ways to remove it. It can be removed with the follow steps.
You Will Need:
- Olive oil or baby oil
- Cotton balls or Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the White Out:
- Moisten a cotton ball with one of the oils above.
- Gently rub it over the painted area on the skin. Do not rub too much or it will irritate the skin.
- If the white out is staying firm, moisten it with the oil and allow it to set for a minute. This will allow time for the oil to penetrate the white out or paint so that it can be more easily removed.
- Once clean, wipe the area clean with a soft cloth.
- If there is oily residue, it can be washed away, but does not need to be. It is safe to leave the oil on the skin.
Additional Tips and Advice
- This removal method works for White Out, Liquid Paper, Correction Fluid and paint as well.
- If no baby oil is available, try a mild dish soap instead. If you see any irritation of the skin, stop and rinse thoroughly.
- Rubbing alcohol can also work to remove the white out.
- If the individual covered in White Out has sensitive skin, avoid using any scented oils or soaps. Olive oil or plain baby oil may be the least reactive, so try those first.