Deion asked: How do I get yellow stains off of Air Force One’s? I used bleach on my sister’s Air Force One’s, and they turned yellow. How do I get the stain off?
Bleach contains a yellow dye that can be transferred to white surfaces. To remove the new stain, it requires removing the unwanted dye. There are several ways to accomplish this. Follow these guidelines below.
You Will Need:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- RIT Dye Remover
- Soft cloths or sponges
- Cotton balls
Steps to Remove the Yellowed Stain:
- Moisten a sponge or cotton balls with hydrogen peroxide.
- Rub the sponge over the stained area. Use a small circular motion.
- If the stains are very yellow, it will help to leave the hydrogen peroxide to set for a few minutes before wiping it away.
- Rinse the sponge thoroughly and wipe the area with plain water to remove the peroxide.
- Allow the piece to dry completely.
- If the stain remains, moisten a soft cloth with hydrogen peroxide and rub it over the area. If the stain is severe, pour a small amount of peroxide on the stain and allow it to set for several minutes.
- Rinse again with water and a clean cloth and allow to them to dry.
- If the stain is persistent, it may require harsher chemicals. Mix the RIT dye remover with a small amount of water to form a paste.
- Spread the paste over the stained area.
- Allow it to set for several minutes, longer if the stain is very yellow.
- Wipe away with a clean cloth and rinse with plain water.
Additional Tips and Ideas:
- If cleaning marks and dirt from shoes, try a mild detergent mixed with water before adding a harsh cleaner such as bleach.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are excellent for removing dirt and stains from all kinds of surfaces and will clean shoes as well.
- If the yellow stain cannot be removed, a white shoe polish can be applied over it to hide the discoloration.
- All of the products above are designed to remove colors. It is wise to always test a small, hidden area first to ensure that it will produce the desired results before exposing the entire shoe to the chemicals.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods