Ava asked: How do I clean a bassinet? I have a cotton fabric bassinet with pieces that cannot be put in the washing machine. How can I clean the rest of the fabric material? Thanks
Cleaning the fabric on a bassinet can be a time consuming process, and the dirtier the fabric, the more tedious the job will be. The results, however, will be well worth the effort. If you can’t take the fabric off your bassinet, try following these steps to get it clean.
You Will Need:
- Infant laundry detergent
- Warm water
- Spray bottle
Steps to Clean the Bassinet:
- Before you begin, wipe the fabric down with a clean towel or a lint brush. Loose dust or dirt will make the appearance worse when it gets wet.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of infant laundry detergent to a spray bottle full of warm water.
- Replace the lid and shake gently to mix the detergent in.
- Spray a section of fabric with the detergent solution, soaking it thoroughly.
- Hold the towel against the back of the fabric (if possible), using it as counter pressure while you clean the other side of the fabric with the sponge. This prevents the fabric from stretching or losing its shape.
- Rinse by blotting with clean water.
- Work your way around in small sections, rinsing the sponge frequently, until the bassinet is clean.
- Allow to air dry before use or storage.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If there are stains you can’t remove, try pre-treating with a stain releaser, then repeat the cleaning.
- To brighten fabrics, add Oxiclean to the detergent solution. Spot test first.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods