Jessica asked: How do I clean dog urine from a cashmere rug? My dog peed on my aunt’s cashmere rung, only the corner of it. Am I able to steam clean this, or what do I do?
In general, you should hire a professional to clean your cashmere rug. Pet odors can be particularly hard to remove, but you should be able to rid the rug of small areas of stain and/or odor by following these steps.
You Will Need:
- Kids ‘N’ Pets Stain Remover
- Clean white towels
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- If possible, lift the portion of the rug affected by the stain and place a folded towel underneath. This will prevent moisture damage to the surface under the rug.
- Pour Kids ‘N’ Pets over the stain. Do NOT scrub, rub, or brush the cashmere. Blot only if you were not able to put a towel underneath.
- Repeat until stain is gone or until you see no further improvement.
- Remove the towel after you finish cleaning. If the underside of the rug is wet, replace the towel with a dry one to protect the underlying floor.
- Allow it to air dry completely.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Some cashmere is safe for steam cleaning. Check the product label or contact the manufacturer for details.
- Kids ‘N’ Pets is biodegradable, non-toxic, and safe for use around children and pets. It completely eliminates urine odors to discourage repeat pet accidents.