Mizuho asked: How can I clean a stainless gas stove surface? My almost 2-year-old gas stove has the stainless surface. It has brown stains around the burners. I don’t want to scratch the stainless, so I’m afraid to use harsh chemicals or scrub hard. I’d appreciate any suggestions to clean it.
Stainless steel may sound like a low maintenance surface, but keeping it clean can be a chore. Although it wipes down easily, getting rid of stains and scorch marks can be problematic, especially when scrubbing is required, as scratches will remain vivid long after the stain is gone. The solution is to choose a cleaning product that will do the work for you.
You Will Need:
- Bar Keepers Friend
- Soft towel
Steps to Remove the Marks:
- Wet the sponge.
- Use it to moisten the stainless steel surface to be cleaned.
- Sprinkle Bar Keepers Friend over the moist area.
- Work it over the surface with the sponge.
- Wait a few minutes, but do not allow the cleaner to dry on the stove.
- Repeat as needed.
- Rinse the sponge and wipe the surface, repeating until the cleaner has been removed.
- Once the surface is clean, wipe up the remaining moisture with a soft towel.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Bar Keepers Friend is safe for stainless steel. If you use another product, ensure it is not abrasive or you will find yourself with a mess of scratch marks.
- Be sure to follow any safety precautions suggested by the manufacturer when cleaning your gas stove.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods