Cheryl asked: How do I clean a handheld umbrella? Once the umbrella is cleaned, do I need to reproof it? If so, how?
If your umbrella gets dirty, here’s a simple way to get it clean without a lot of effort or the potential for damage.
You Will Need:
- Mild liquid laundry detergent
Steps to Clean the Umbrella:
- Fill a clean bathtub with enough warm water to submerge the umbrella.
- Add a capful of liquid laundry detergent. Agitate the water to distribute the detergent throughout.
- Open or partially open the umbrella. You can partially open the umbrella if it won’t fit in the tub while fully opened. Place it in the tub, ensuring the water and detergent can flow freely around all surfaces.
- Allow the umbrella to soak for several minutes in the warm water.
- Before the water cools, begin washing the surface of the umbrella with a sponge. Use the same water. It’s best not to apply detergent directly to the umbrella in full concentration.
- Once the umbrella is clean, rinse thoroughly and leave open until it’s completely dry.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To remove stubborn stains, you can use a laundry stain remover. Spot test first and read label directions before you begin.
- If you feel your umbrella needs to be waterproofed, use a spray made for the job such as Nikwax Tent and Gear Solar Proof.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods