Fake trees are too large to shake in a bag with salt, but need to be cleaned regularly to remove the dust and dirt build up.
You Will Need:
- Hose with sprayer attachment (a shower will work in a pinch)
Steps to Clean the Fake Tree:
- Start by removing the surface dust with a feather duster or soft cloths.
- The rest of the cleaning process is best completed outside.
- Start by removing the plant form the base holder. Often times, the plant pot, especially metals, are not water resistant.
- Take the plant outside or place it in the shower.
- Spray it down with warm water to remove the rest of the dirt and dust.
- Shake the excess water off.
- If outside, allow the plant to dry in the sun. If inside, set the plant in a dry area and allow it to dry.
Additional Tips and Advice
- For quick cleanings, spray the dusty areas with furniture polish and allow it to set.
- Wash fake trees every 3-6 months to keep dust at bay.
- Clean plants weekly with a feather duster or vacuum attachment to keep dust and dirt from building up.