Fleece fabrics are predominantly made from polyester and are usually outwear because of its water repellent qualities.
Caring for Fleece
- Fleece items are generally safe to wash in the washing machine.
- When laundering fleece items, wash items inside-out on the gentle cycle using the warm wash and rinse.
- Use only mild powdered detergents (such as Dreft or Ivory Snow) as all-purpose liquid detergents may cause the item to lose its water-resistance (a primary quality of fleece, and the reason it is so suitable for outerwear).
- Fleece may also be hand washed, again using a mild powdered detergent.
- If you place your fleece item in the dryer (rather than hanging to air dry), set the dryer at its lowest setting and remove promptly when cycle is done
Additional Tips and Advice
- NEVER use fabric softeners or bleach (regular or color-safe) on fleece items as both chemicals will reduce the water-resistance of the fabric.
- NEVER iron fleece. Direct contact with even a warm iron may leave a permanent mark on the item.