Tom asked: How do I get walnut color from walnuts off of my fingers?
Berries, wood stain, grease, walnuts – they all leave marks on our hands that seem impossible to wash off. Here are a variety of household items that can be used to scrub stains off of hands.
You Will Need:
- Vegetable oil
- Dish soap
- Nail polish remover
- Lemon juice
- Salt and lemon juice (for really stubborn stains)
- Dishwashing soap and baking soda
- Hand soap
- Hand lotion
Steps to Remove the Stains:
- Select a stain remover from the list above.
- Apply to the stained area on the hands and scrub.
- If necessary, the items can be mixed or used on their own.
- Once the stain is removed, wash with hand soap and warm water to remove the cleaning agent.
- Dry with a soft towel.
- If the cleaning agent used dried out your hands, apply a quality hand lotion.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Of course if time allows, just leave the stain be. It will eventually wear off.
- Avoid using harsh cleaners/scrubbing mixtures on facial skin as it is more easily irritated.