Lail asked: How do I get liquid gold furniture polish from an LCD TV screen?
Your options for cleaning an LCD TV screen are limited. You can buy a commercial product made just for the job from an electronics store, or you can try this homemade solution instead. The success rate varies, but it is not safe to use other methods on LCD screens.
You Will Need:
- Distilled water
- 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Unplug the television from all electric sources.
- Mix equal parts of distilled water and alcohol in the spray bottle.
- Spray the microfiber cloth with the cleaning solution. NEVER spray the screen. You want the cloth to be moist, but not dripping.
- Wipe the screen from top to bottom, using only gentle pressure over the furniture polish. For best results, clean the entire screen, working from the top down.
- It may take more than one cleaning to completely remove the polish.
- Once you’re finished, wait a few moments for the screen to dry before you plug the television in.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Do not use any other products or cleaning methods unless you are willing to take the chance of ruining your screen. LCD screens are extremely susceptible to both cosmetic and physical damage that cannot be repaired.
- Do NOT use tap water. The minerals in the water may leave white smears you cannot remove.
- Do not wipe your screen with paper towels, tissues or other paper products. They can easily scratch the screen and leave a dulled appearance.
- For commercial LCD screen cleaners, visit your local electronics store. They will have a variety of cleaning products as well as cleaning kits.