Larry asked: How do I remove burn marks off of Pyrex glass cookware?
Greasy edges and burnt on food can quickly leave their mark on glass cookware. The burnt on residue can be removed with a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
You Will Need:
- Baking soda
- Spray bottle
- Sponge or soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Burnt Stains:
- Moisten the sponge or soft cloth with water.
- Pour a couple teaspoons of baking soda onto the cloth or directly into the glass cookware.
- Scrub the burnt areas with the baking soda and soft cloth until they are removed.
- If the stains remain, rinse with water.
- Spray the surface with ammonia.
- Scrub again with a soft cloth.
- Rinse and repeat if necessary.
- Once clean, wash the item as usual to remove any cleaning residue.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you need more scrubbing power, try a nylon scrubbing pad. They won’t scratch the glass, but offer more cleaning power than a soft cloth.
- Boiling the pan in water will also help to release the burnt on stains. Add baking soda or baking powder to the water for really tough stains.
- If the pans are really bad, place them in a garbage bag, fill it with enough ammonia to keep the pans wet, tie it off and let them sit overnight. In the morning remove the pans, dispose of the ammonia and the marks should rub right off.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods