Brenda asked: How do I get nail polish off my leather furniture? While painting my nails, I dropped my nail polish brush. It landed on my dark, brown leather recliner. The nail polish color is a light, pearl pink. I tried to wipe it up right away, but it didn’t come up. Thanks for your help.
Whether it’s a small bump or an entire bottle spilled, removing nail polish from leather can seem like a daunting task. Fortunately, with a few simple items, the nail polish can be removed in no time. The best part is, the leather will not be damaged in the process.
You Will Need:
- Non-acetone nail polish remover
- Cotton swabs
- Leather conditioner
Steps to Remove the Nail Polish:
- Moisten a cotton swab with non-acetone nail polish remover.
- Use the cotton swab to carefully wipe the polish away.
- When all of the polish is removed, clean the leather as usual.
- If the leather is dry, apply a leather conditioner.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Some colors may be affected by nail polish removers. Test a small hidden area first to ensure no color is removed from the leather upholstery.