Gordon asked: How do I remove nail polish from linoleum flooring? The nail polish has dried into the linoleum and has been there for at least one month.
Removing nail polish from durable flooring uses the same methods as removing it from your fingernails. The only precaution to take is to watch for any affects to the coloring that may be present in the floor.
You Will Need:
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls or soft cloths
- Mild soap (optional)
Steps to Remove the Nail Polish:
- Before treating the polished area, rub a small amount of nail polish remover over a hidden area of the floor. Check for any discoloration or removal of the floor coloring. If there are no negative effects, it should be safe to use on your flooring type.
- Start by moistening a soft cloth or cotton ball (depending on the size of the nail polish spill) with nail polish remover.
- Rub it over the affected area to remove the nail polish.
- Repeat until the polish is removed.
- If desired, wash the area a small amount of soap and warm water to remove any residue from the nail polish remover.
- Dry with a soft cloth or towel.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If nail polish remover does not take off the polish, try a paint remover. Check the label to ensure it’s safe to use on your particular type of flooring.
These folks are well-known within their online writing services area and they have many customers to hire.