Bill asked: How do I clean dog urine off of suede leopard fabric paint?
Accidents from children and pets can quickly leave a spot on suede fabric. Pet urine stains are often accompanied by a strong odor. First we will discuss how to remove the stains and then tackle the odors. Suede fabric should not be saturated as it can leave watermarks. Follow these guidelines to remove the stains safely and effectively.
You Will Need:
- Mild soap
- Bowl or bucket
- Clean soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Fill the bowl or bucket with lukewarm water.
- Add a small amount of mild soap.
- Agitate the water vigorously until a good amount of suds form on the top.
- Use a sponge to apply only the suds to the stained area.
- Blot the area to remove the stain.
- Moisten a soft cloth with clean water. Wring it out thoroughly.
- Use the moist cloth to blot the area and rinse out the soap. Repeat until all of the soap is removed.
- Dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Repeat if necessary.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Odors can be removed by sprinkling the area with baby powder or baking soda and allowing it to set overnight. Vacuum the area the following day to remove.
- Vinegar is another odor remover that is safe for suede. Wipe the area with a cloth that has been lightly moistened with vinegar and allow it to dry. The vinegar smell will dissipate as it dries, and the odor will be removed.
- Some suede fabrics are more sensitive to different cleaners and amounts of liquid. If you are unsure of how your fabric will react, test a small hidden area before cleaning a large area.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods