Abdul-Mumin asked: How can I eliminate urine smell from a urinal in a pub? I operate a pub in downtown, and the Gents urinal stinks so badly. I’m looking for a way to eliminate the strong urine stench. Any help or advice?
Urine smells can’t be covered, so the only solution is to dig in and remove all traces of urine from the urinals. The trick is to use an enzyme-based cleaner and a disinfectant, but also to look beyond the urinals to other areas in the room that might hold the smell, including cracks in the walls, floors, or plumbing.
You Will Need:
- DepHyze Ultra Clean Disinfectant
- Biokleen Bac Out Foaming Eliminator
Steps to Remove the Odor:
- Spray urinals (and surrounding area if needed) with DepHyze or another extra-strength disinfectant. (Regular household disinfectants will work, although probably not as effectively).
- Wait several moments, then wipe urinals down with a clean damp sponge. (Plan to rinse it frequently).
- Spray with Biokleen or another enzyme-based odor eliminator. Enzyme based cleaners are designed to get rid of urine smells.
- Allow the foam to sit for several minutes, then wipe clean with the sponge.
- Go back over clean urinals and look for possible problem spots. Use a toothbrush to scrub the odor eliminator into any cracks, crevices, or hard to reach areas. Check the plumbing and floors for other hidden sources of the odors and clean those as well.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Consider investing in a urinal mat for a hands-off solution to keep the floor under and around a urinal clean and prevent or eliminate odors.
- The only way to remove the odor is to keep the urinal clean. Air fresheners don’t stand much of a chance against urine.
- Don’t forget to check the drains. Gunk in pipes can hold the urine smell, so use a foaming drain cleaner or rinse drains with vinegar and water to help eliminate odors. (Do not mix chemicals in the drain.)
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods