Keeping your dryer clean is keeping your dryer safe. Excess dirt and dust can cause fire hazards, as can clogged lint traps. Keep your dryer performing well and efficiently with this easy cleaning method.
You Will Need:
- Soft cloths
- Mild dish soap
Steps to Clean the Dryer:
- Unplug the dryer before cleaning.
- Fill a bucket with warm water.
- Add a small amount of mild dish soap and swish around to mix.
- Moisten a soft cloth with the soapy water.
- Use the cloth to wipe down the exterior of the dryer and remove any dirt or dust build up.
- Dry with a clean soft cloth, if desired.
- Replace the water if it is dirty or continue.
- Rinse the cloth well and clean the inside of the dryer with the soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Rinse with a clean cloth and clean water.
- Next, you will need to clean the lint trap. This is an area with a lot of build up that can be a fire hazard. For complete cleaning instructions, see our guide How to Clean a Dryer Lint Screen.
- Follow this cleaning with a vacuum to remove any loose lint from the lint trap holder. Keeping this area clean is essential for safe drying.
- Once clean, plug the dryer back in, and it’s ready to use.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To clean tough stains and melted items from your dryer, see our guide other guide about How to Clean a Dryer.
- Never use any flammable products to clean your dryer. The heat from the dryer can cause the chemicals to ignite.