Steve asked: How do I clean the glass part of the blender? I use a Cuisinart blender to mix my milk, bananas and blueberries with Slim Fast powder. There is a film on the glass, and it always looks dirty. How do you get rid of the stain? I scrubbed with steel wool to no avail. Thank you!
Glass is a stain resistant material that can easily become damaged with cleaning methods that are too harsh. In this case, it sounds as though the glass is not stained, but the surface has been scratched by the steel wool used while cleaning. The abrasion from the steel wool covers the surface with tiny scratches that leaves a dull appearance. Once the surface is damaged, there is no way to repair it. It is best to either use it as is or replace it. In the future, avoid using any abrasive materials as they will damage the surface over time, leaving it dulled with a filmy appearance. When cleaning your blender jar, use the steps below for great results every time.
You Will Need:
- Dish soap
- Bristled brush
- Soft cloths
- Bleach (optional)
Steps to Remove the Stains:
- Begin by filling the sink with warm to hot water.
- Add a small amount of dish soap.
- Immerse the glass jar (after removing any blades) in the water.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to wash away any residue from the inside of the jar.
- For stubborn and/or hard to reach areas, use a bristled brush.
- If there are odors or stains present that are not removed with normal washing, add a small amount of bleach to the washing water.
- Rinse the jar completely with clean water.
- Allow to dry.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If residue is allowed to dry on the surface, it may be more difficult to remove. In these cases, allow the piece to soak in hot water for several minutes to an hour before cleaning.
- Never use abrasive scrubbers on glass as they will scratch and damage the surface, leaving it with a dulled appearance.