Eileen asked: How do I clean a Scanpan griddle pan? I can’t seen to be able to get all the grit in between all the grill bits. As a result, it has become very smoky when I use it. I was told never to use harsh scourers.
Scanpans offer high quality cookware that is easy to maintain. It can tolerate high levels of heat and the non-stick cooking surface makes clean up a breeze. Here are the simple steps to keep your Scanpan looking great and lasting a long time.
You Will Need:
- Old toothbrush
- Dish soap
Steps to Clean the Scanpan:
- It is best to clean the Scanpan while it is still hot or warm.
- Use warm, soapy water and sponge to wipe off the cooking surfaces.
- If there is cooked on food in the grooves, a toothbrush can help to remove them.
- A soft scrub brush can also be used to remove cooked on food from the surface. Avoid using any harsh abrasives to clean the Teflon surface.
- The exterior of the Scanpan can be cleaned with metal polish if necessary. It is best to remove food immediately to avoid discoloration.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Scanpan products can also be washed in the dishwasher.
- The sooner the pan is cleaned after use, the easier it will be to remove any leftover food or grease.
- You may be able to loosen burnt-on food by adding a little water to your grill pan, and letting it warm on the stove (on the lowest setting) for several minutes.