Maram asked: How do I clean chamois leather bags? I have a chamois leather bag which became dirty looking from dust and some clothes stains. I like it so much and don’t want to lose it if cleaned in the wrong way.
Leather may be finicky, but your chamois leather bag is surprisingly simple to clean. This process will have your bag looking great. To keep it that way, be sure to follow the additional tips and advice.
You Will Need:
- Mild liquid laundry detergent
Steps to Clean the Chamois:
- Combine two parts warm water to one part mild laundry detergent.
- Soak the sponge in the solution.
- Wipe the damp sponge over the chamois leather. Make sure you apply equal amounts of moisture over the whole bag to avoid uneven drying.
- Rinse the sponge frequently as you work your way over the whole bag.
- Rinse the bag by repeating the process with plain water.
- Allow to dry naturally.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To get rid of splotchiness between cleanings, brush the chamois leather with a velvet brush.
- Wipe the bag with a damp cloth every couple of weeks to maintain a clean look.