Jewelry offers all sorts of distinct beauty to our wardrobes. We all have jewelry that has sentimental meaning and/or expresses our personality. Buying a beautiful piece of jewelry can be an investment, one that you’ll want to protect and keep beautiful for years to come.
These instructions are for general cleaning and are safe for most types of jewelry. For specific types of jewelry, see the additional jewelry cleaning articles below.
You Will Need:
- Mild dish detergent
- Small bowl
- Soft cloth
The Cleaning Process:
- Close the drain of the sink or insert a strainer into the drain. The last thing you want is to see your precious jewelry slipping down the drain.
- Check your jewelry over for any loose parts. Pay careful attention to clasps and settings looking for any loose stones or prongs.
- Fill the bowl with about 2 cups of warm water.
- Add a few drops of mild detergent and mix.
- Place the jewelry in the solution and allow it to soak for up to 15 minutes.
- Use the soft cloth to gently wipe away dirt and build-up.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.