Allison asked: How do I clean marker off of a rock fireplace? My son put dry erase marker on my river rock fireplace. I have tried everything I know of to remove it with no luck. Hopefully you will have some ideas. Thanks.
Marker and ink stain removal is difficult on a porous surface like rock, but the right product and a simple poultice should do the job nicely. Just follow these steps.
You Will Need:
- IPP Ink Stain Remover
- Distilled water
- Large bowl or small bucket
- Plastic wrap
- Masking tape
- Pin (safety, stick, etc)
- Plastic scraper
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Clean the area to be treated with distilled water.
- Mix the powdered stain remover with water in the bowl or bucket until you get a peanut butter consistency.
- Apply this poultice to the stained area ONLY.
- Cover the poultice with plastic wrap. Hold it in place with masking tape.
- Poke a few pin holes in the plastic wrap.
- Wait 24-48 hours for the poultice to harden.
- Remove the plastic and gently scrape away the poultice. The stain should lift away with it.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Before applying the poultice to the stain, spot test it in a hidden area.
- Follow all label precautions before use of this product.