Tammy asked: “How do i clean the chaulk marks from my pool table after they done been on there a couple of days?”
The most common suggestion for removing ordinary pool chalk from table felt is to brush it away, but this only serves to spread the dust, not to remove it. Furthermore, this and other popular chalk remedies have the potential to damage the felt itself, as will the chalk if it’s not picked up. Fortunately, there’s an easy solution that will not only remove chalk, but will do so with very little effort on your part.
You Will Need:
- A pool table felt cleaner (choose one):
- Championship Pool Table Cleaner
- David Hodges’ Pool Table Felt Cleaner
- Microfiber towel
Steps to Remove the Chalk:
- Spray the felt cleaner over the entire felt surface of the pool table. (Cleaning the entire surface is recommended, as chalk residue you can’t see can be just as damaging to the felt as the spots which are easily visible.)
- Wait for the foam to raise the chalk to the top.
- Wipe the foam way with a microfiber cloth. Do not scrub with the cloth or it could damage the surface of the felt.
- Wait 60 seconds for the table to dry before playing again.
Additional Tips and Advice
- An alternative option to the above method is to get a Simonis X-1 Felt Cleaner Tool. It is a chemical-free tool that uses static electricity to remove the chalk. It is fairly expensive, but can be reused time and again, which would eliminate the need for repeatedly buying cans of cleaner.
- While some may recommend to vacuum the chalk away, the suction from the vacuum can be damaging to the surface.