Suzanna asked: How do I get the film that Lime-A-Way left on my natural stone in my shower? My cleaning lady used Lime-A-Way on my natural stone shower. Where it ran down the walls, it has left a gray-white, dull film on the stone. Please help.
Regular soap scum or film removers such as Tilex or Lime-A-Way should not be used on natural stone. If they are used and you’re left with a chalky or milky film, your ability to remove it will depend on several factors including the exact type of stone and the care the stone received prior to exposure to the cleaning agent. In all cases, however, your best bet to restore the look of your shower is to try cleaning it with an appropriate product.
You Will Need:
- Rubber gloves
- MB-3 Soap Film Remover
- Warm water
- Scrub brush
Steps to Remove the Film:
- Before you begin, put on rubber gloves and spot test MB-3 in an inconspicuous area.
- Dilute 1 part MB-3 with 2 parts water in the bucket. Mix well.
- Use the sponge to apply it to shower walls.
- Allow the solution to stand so it can begin to work on the film, but do not let it dry.
- After the film starts to break up, or before the solution begins to dry, use the scrub brush to lightly clean the shower walls.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Repeat if necessary.
Additional Tips and Advice
- MB-3 Soap Film Remover is designed to remove film on natural stone from soap scum or hard water stains. While it’s not specifically made to remove film from improper cleaning techniques, it offers your best chance at a good restoration.
- Only use products made for natural stone when cleaning your shower. Be wary of home solutions unless they are recommended by your manufacturer.
What is MB-3 cleaner?
MB-3 cleaner is made by MB Stone Care and Supply. They use numbers to differentiate their cleaners. The MB-3 cleaner is a soap film remover.
Source: MB Stone Care and Supply – (MB03) MB Stone Care MB-3 Soap Film Remover
Just get the MB-3 and the MB-9 and your troubles will be over. It works. Did wonders with my riverstone and travertine shower.
Where can I buy it? (MB-3) I’m in southeastern Michigan, 48084.
You can order it online through the MB Stone Care website, or contact the Michigan distributor on their list of distributors (found here) to ask where it is sold in your area.