Rod asked: How can I remove red chili pepper stains from my blender lid? I was making red chili paste and used the blender to puree previously soaked, dry, red chili peppers. The white lid of my blender is now stained. I already tried soaking it overnight in bleach, and it did nothing. I also used vegetable oil and vinegar with no result. Thanks for your help.
Red chili peppers create a notoriously stubborn stain. Fortunately, there’s a cleaning product that can handle their intensity and provide sparkling results. Here’s what you do.
You Will Need:
- Bar Keepers Friend Liquid Cleaner
- Cloth scouring pad
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Apply a generous amount of Bar Keepers Friend Liquid Cleaner to all stained surfaces.
- Wait several moments for the cleaner to work, but do not allow it to dry on the surface.
- Use the cloth scouring pad to scrub the blender lid.
- Rinse well.
- Repeat as needed, or until you no longer see an improvement.
- Once the lid is clean, wash as usual.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Never mix cleaning products.
- Avoid using bleach on rubberized lids, if you have one. It can break down the rubber, causing damage.
- If the lid won’t come clean, contact the manufacturer. You may be able to order an inexpensive replacement.
Leave a reply