Michelle asked: How do I remove sticky tape marks from my marble table?
Tape can leave a sticky residue on any surface that can seem like quite a nuisance to remove. Here are the steps to quickly and safely remove this “sticky situation” from your marble piece.
You Will Need:
- Talcum powder
- Vegetable oil
- Soft cloths
- Vacuum (optional)
Steps to Remove the Sticky Residue:
- The first step in removing the sticky residue is to either dry it out or lubricate it so that it can be removed easily.
- To dry it out, sprinkle the area with talcum powder.
- Rub the powdered adhesive with a soft cloth. The powder should cause it to “ball up” when it is rubbed making it easy to remove. Simply brush or vacuum the rubbings away as they are removed from the surface.
- If there is no talcum powder available, apply vegetable oil or WD-40 to the area and allow it to set for a minute.
- Wipe the adhesive away with a clean, soft cloth.
- Clean the area immediately with a marble cleaner to prevent a grease stain from developing.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- Some marble pieces are very valuable. If you are uncomfortable cleaning it yourself, do not hesitate to consult a professional for stain removal.