Not only do germs accumulate on our phones from talking, but we eat while we’re on it too. Make-up and oils from our ears and faces build up, as do germs from our hands and pockets! Yeach! But – with some simple cleaning, your phone will not only look sharper, it will be healthier to use as well.
What You Will Need:
- Disinfectant wipes
- Rubbing alcohol
- Soft cloths (lint free work best)
- Soft bristled brush
- Cotton swabs
- Small dish
- Window cleaner
The Cleaning Process:
- Begin by using a disinfectant wipe or soft cloth dampened slightly with rubbing alcohol to remove any build-up from the face of the phone. This is the part that touches your face constantly so be diligent to remove all sweat and make-up grime.
- Wipe the outer shell with a second disinfectant wipe or cloth dampened with alcohol.
- Place a small amount of alcohol in the small dish. Dip the soft bristled brush or cotton swab into the alcohol and shake or squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Rub in between the keys and tighter areas to gently remove any dirt that the cloth was unable to reach.
- If your phone is older and has plastic casing around the numbers, spray a cloth with window cleaner and use that to wipe it clean.
- Use a very slightly damp cotton swab to gently clean AROUND the charger connection. You want to avoid getting liquids inside, but you’ll be surprised how much dirt accumulates around this area.
- Allow your phone to dry thoroughly and it’s ready for use!
Additional Tips and Advice:
- Avoid spraying any cleaners directly onto your cell phone as the excess moisture could damage it. Always spray the cleaner onto a soft cloth first.
- There are also cloths designed for cleaning phones – but any disinfecting wipe should do the trick.
- Be careful not to allow any type of liquid to get behind the battery as this will impair the functioning of the phone.