Reva asked: How do I clean a carpet-stained iron plate? My iron box accidentally fell on the carpet, and the carpet fibers got stock onto the iron plate. I tried getting rid of the stain by scrubbing it, but it is stuck really hard on the iron. Do I have to purchase a new iron? Please help.
Remove melted or burned on fabrics or synthetics from your iron with this quick fix. It may cause a bit of smoking, but the result will have your iron looking like new again!
You Will Need:
- Faultless Hot Iron Cleaner
- Old cloth (large and/or thick)
- Oven mitt
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Start by removing any water from your iron if you have a steam setting.
- Heat the iron to the hottest temperature setting.
- Squirt the iron cleaner onto the cloth. You want the cloth to be moist, but not soaking.
- Protect your hands by wearing an oven mitt or thick, heat resistant glove.
- Make sure the cloth is folded and/or thick enough to protect your hand from the heat, then rub the iron cleaner directly onto the hot iron plate. It will take the stain right off.
- Repeat if necessary until all of the burnt-on material is removed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Read all iron cleaner package directions carefully before use.
- This product may cause smoking. This is normal.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods