Sam asked: How do I remove built up, yellow iron stains off of vinyl siding. They were caused by the lawn sprinkler.
Here’s a super easy solution for getting rid of those ugly yellow-orange stains that the iron in untreated water leaves on your vinyl siding. This product works on contact and, incredibly, is widely available at dollar stores. Your siding will look brand new in no time!
You Will Need:
- The Works
- Cloth scouring pad
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Spray The Works on the stained areas.
- Wait several moments, but do not let it dry on the siding.
- Beginning at the bottom and working your way up, use the cloth scouring pad to wipe away the orange. You will have to wipe with some force, but very little scrubbing will be required. As you work, it helps to spray additional cleaner to keep the surface wet in the area you’re working in.
- Rinse thoroughly with water when you’re finished.
- Touch up any areas you may have missed with a quick spray and wipe.
Additional Tips and Advice
- If you start at the bottom and work your way up, you’ll reduce the chance of streaking. However, by the time you finish cleaning the streaks will disappear, so if you’d rather work from the top down, you may.
- Protect any flowers, bushes, or other vegetation from overspray or rinsing. Do not allow this product to come in contact with vegetables or other edible garden items.
- Avoid working in direct sunlight when possible.
The Works with 20 o/o hydrogen chloride is no longer made. The weaker solution of 9.5 o/o will not work. Any new ideas that might help?