Stu asked: How do I clean white wall tires? I have a motor bike with white wall tires and find them difficult to keep clean. I have tried many things, including bleach, but nothing will get them back to their new color. Can you please help? Kind regards.
White walls can quickly become discolored from dirt, grime and oils. Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to remove the grime and return them to white once again.
You Will Need:
- Cleaning product:
- Westley’s Bleach White
- All-purpose cleaner
- Purple Power
- SOS pads
- Simple Green
- Stiff brush or Scrubbing pad (ex: Scotch Brite)
Steps to Clean the White Walls:
- Begin by selecting your cleaning product. These are readily available in most automotive departments as well as automotive supply stores. Household products are often effective as well, just ensure they are safe for the tires and will not result in early wear.
- Spray the cleaner directly onto the white wall or apply it to the scrubbing pad first.
- Now, it just takes some elbow grease and time. Scrub the debris from the tire.
- Rinse frequently with water to check your progress.
- Reapply the cleaner as needed and rinse the scrubbing pad frequently as well.
- Once the white wall is clean, rinse thoroughly with water and dry.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Though cleaners such as Comet work well, they can dry out the tire which can lead to early wear. Choose household cleaners carefully and ensure they are safe for the tires.
- For the easiest cleaning, keep on top of the white walls, cleaning them every week or two. These frequent cleanings will allow for shorter, easier cleaning times.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods