Yes, your shirt is convenient for cleaning glasses, but it certainly is not the most effective or safe method. Tissues, the second most common cleaning tool can be damaging and scratch the surface. To properly clean your eye glasses, there are a few simple steps. Cleaning your glasses each night will help keep the lenses clear and free of scratches and smudges, as well as keep the rims free of oils from your skin.
You Will Need:
- Mild dish soap
- Soft bristled toothbrush
- Soft cotton or microfiber cloth
Steps to Clean the Glasses:
- Start by rinsing the glasses under warm, running water.
- Apply a small amount of mild dish soap with a soft cloth moistened with water.
- Use a circular motion to clean the lenses.
- Rinse with clean water while wiping the lenses in a circular motion. This will remove all of the soap residue.
- Use the soft bristled toothbrush to clean the nose pads. Be careful not to brush the lenses or it may causes scratches.
- Rinse again with clean water.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
- Wear the glasses immediately to check if there are any remaining smudges or dirty areas that need to be removed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Avoid using any cleaning products or soaps that contain ammonia. This can damage the surface of the lenses.
- Never use tissues to clean eyeglasses. Tissues are made from wood and can scratch the glass surface.
- Eyeglass cleaners are also available. These are great for quick cleanings. Simply spray the solution onto the lenses and wipe away with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Many frames have small screws holding them together. Check these frequently to ensure they are still tight and secure.