There’s more than one way to remove ice from a windshield, and this is one of the most fun, mind-boggling, science-experiment type of methods, but best of all: it works! Next time you find some ice on your car windshield, treat yourself to a smile and give this method a try!
You Will Need:
- A plastic zipper sandwich bag
- Warm water
Steps to Remove the Ice:
- Fill the plastic bag with warm water and seal it tightly.
- Rub the bag over the windshield, windows, mirrors or any other area where ice needs to be removed from your car.
- That’s it! Pour out the water (somewhere that it won’t cause problems as ice) and enjoy your clear windows!
Video In Action:
- Be sure to only use warm water in the bag, not hot. Not only could hot water melt the plastic bag, but it also could damage the windshield. Just like defrosters that are extremely hot can crack even a solid (unchipped) windshield, so can other heat sources like hot water. (Many thanks to home lifestyle Instagrammer Leah @shirehomeandgarden for letting us know about this important warning!)
- that have chips should immediately be fixed before attempting this or any other tip for removing frost (such as scraping or using a defroster) as the chips can easily spread. Even just cold weather can cause a chip or crack to spread, so be sure to fix any chips as soon as possible. (Many thanks to another wonderful home lifestyle Instagrammer Nikki @at_home_with_nikkix (Now defunct) for lettings us know how important it is to be cautious with windshield chips!)
- This incredible idea is from Pam and Gayle, the @OrganisedHousewives on Instagram. Thank you for letting us share this tip ladies!
Leave a reply