Ashley asked: How do I keep a swim cap clean? I am a huge swimmer and wear a swim cap a lot to keep my hair from turning that nice, green color. My caps never last long though and end up tearing from even the gentlest of tugs. How can I keep a cap (made of silicone) clean and in good condition so that it will last longer? Any suggestion you have would be a big help. Thanks!
Swim caps are made of thin material that gets damaged easily. They require gentle care and daily maintenance when used frequently. Here are some care guidelines that will keep your swim cap in top shape.
You Will Need:
- Baby powder
Steps to Care for a Swim Cap:
- After you finish your swim, rinse the cap with cool, clean water (not from the pool). Rinse it thoroughly to remove all of the chemicals and harmful chlorine.
- Dry with a soft towel.
- Hang the cap and allow it to air dry completely.
- Before storing or packing the cap away, sprinkle baby powder inside. This will keep the cap from sticking together.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Avoid storing the cap when it is moist or even slightly damp as this will encourage mold growth.
- If you begin to see black dots or discoloration, it is time to replace the cap.
- Swim caps do not require any special cleaning products. Just gentle, consistent care.