Donna asked, “Can you give me tips for cleaning the tips on Hobbytex paints? I have recently bought some old/new Hobbytex paints on eBay. Rather than buying new tips, I wonder if there is a cleaning agent, maybe something like nail polish remover, turpentine or metho that I could soak the tips in to loosen the old paint and freshen the ball bearings? Any ideas will be really helpful.”
Hobbytex paints make wonderful decorating tools, but they require care to keep their delicate tips in good, working condition. Follow these simple steps, recommended by Hobbytex to keep the paints working smoothly for hours of painting enjoyment.
You Will Need:
- Hobbytex tip cleaner/thinner
- Lint free cloth
- Tip wrench
Steps to Clean the Tips:
- Moisten the soft cloth with a small amount of the tip cleaner/thinner.
- Gently wipe the tip of the paints.
- If the paint has dried in the tip, it can be removed using the tip wrench and soaked in a small amount of the tip cleaner.
- Rinse with water and dry completely prior to using again.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- If the tips are damaged or unable to be cleaned, it is best to replace them with a new tip.
- If you would prefer to try a home remedy, mineral spirits is a good bet as Hobbytex describes their paints as “spirit-based”.