Rose asked: How do I remove red wine stains from a satin/silk mix wedding dress. I’ve been told white wine will remove red wine stains, but how does that work with ivory colored silk/satin blend. There is a red wine stain in the train. How, I can’t imagine, but it’s there. I read the article that Woolite delicates works well on satin shoes. It the stain comes out, how do I keep from getting a “ring” where the spot was cleaned?
A red wine stain on a wedding dress is a particularly horrifying one to deal with, especially since you can’t simply treat the stain and throw the dress in the washing machine. Your ability to get the stain out will be affected by the severity and age of the stain, but for most situations, you can eliminate the stain with the following method.
You Will Need:
- Stain Rx
- Hair dryer
Steps to Remove the Stain:
- Apply Stain RX directly to the stain.
- Gently work it in with your fingers.
- Rinse with cool water. This can be done by placing a bowl under the fabric and pouring water over the stain with a water bottle.
- Repeat as needed until the stain is gone.
- Once the stain is gone, dry with a hair dryer to prevent water rings.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Always spot dry in a hidden area before you begin.
- Never dry the fabric, especially not with heat, until the stain is completely gone. Heat drying will set the stain.