Sultan asked: How do I clean sunscreen from clothing? The clothing is wool. The sunscreen has zinc in it.
Sunscreen can leave greasy, oily spots on clothing. Sometimes they are just oily and other times there is discoloration. Wool products cannot tolerate some of the cleaning products that synthetic fibers can, but there is a way to remove the stain. Read on to learn more.
You Will Need:
- Dry cleaning solvent
- Soft cloths
Steps to Remove the Sunscreen:
- Begin by scraping as much of the sunscreen off of the surface as possible using the spoon.
- Moisten a soft cloth with the dry cleaning solvent.
- Blot the stained area with the solvent.
- Blot with a clean cloth.
- Continue applying the solvent and blotting the stain until it is removed.
- Once removed, allow the piece to dry. Once it is dry, you will be able to see if there are any remaining spots. Treat them as needed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- While there are many methods for removing sunscreen, not all of them are safe for wool. Always test a small area first if you are unsure if the cleaning product is safe to use on wool.
- Dry cleaning solvent is poisonous. Use carefully and keep away from small children.