Susan asked: How can I take white moisture spots off of my wood laminate flooring?
Water spots on laminate flooring can be caused by several things including too much cleaner, and/or mineral deposits in the water. In some cases, the water is drying on the surface and the minerals are leaving white areas that look like moisture spots. Follow these steps to solve the problem and remove the water spots.
You Will Need:
- Distilled water
- Soft cloths
- Soft towels (terrycloth works well)
- Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover
Steps to Remove the Water Spots:
- If the problem is caused by too much cleaner, there may be a film on the surface. To remove this film, add a cup of white vinegar to the bucket of warm water. Wash the floors as normal with the solution.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Dry with a soft, terrycloth towel.
- If the spots are caused from mineral deposits, clean the area with distilled water.
- Moisten a cloth until it is almost dripping.
- Wipe the floor clean.
- Dry immediately with a soft towel.
- Work in small sections so that the water does not dry on the floor and cause additional spotting.
- To remove water spots that are not removed with the steps above, apply a layer of Turtle Wax using a soft cloth. Remove and buff following the manufacturer’s instructions on the package.
Additional Tips and Ideas
- If none of the above methods remove the spots, it may be that the finish is damaged. Consult a professional for replacement advice.
- If the floor is coated with a wax, the wax may be what is damaged and not the wood. Use a stripper to remove the wax and reapply a fresh coat.
Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods