Frederick asked: How do I clean a mud floor? What materials are required? What method of cleaning is best?
Mud, or adobe, floors are a beautiful, natural alternative to common harder flooring types. Cleaning them isn’t difficult, but they must be sealed with oil/wax before you can start the process.
You Will Need:
- Dust pan
- Murphy’s Oil Soap or Mop & Glo
Steps to Clean the Floor:
- For routine removal of dust and dirt, use a broom and dustpan.
- When additional cleaning is needed, use plain oil soap or Mop & Glo. Apply with a mop.
- To remove buildup of dirt or cleaning solutions, wash well with plain water.
Additional Tips and Advice
- About once a year, or as needed, lightly sand the floor with fine sandpaper then apply one or more coats of Hard Wax Oil.
- Do NOT use products with citrus, pine, ammonia, or chlorine, as they will damage the floor.
- Do not use liquid for cleaning on cracked or chipped floors. These areas do not have the protection of the oil sealant, which means damage may occur.
Leave a reply