Claire asked: How do I remove white paint off a black, high shine finish toilet seat? I have spilled some white, water based or tile paint on my new toilet seat. I have tried white spirits with no result. Are there any other options available? Many thanks.
Latex paint (also known as water-based paint) is relatively easy to clean, especially from a hard surface like a toilet seat. There are many tricks of the trade, but to avoid damaging a high shine finish you’ll want to give this method a try.
You Will Need:
- Olive oil
- Clean rag
Steps to Remove the Paint:
- Use your finger to rub olive oil directly onto the paint.
- Wait a few moments for the oil to soften the paint spot.
- Begin to work the paint off the seat using your fingernail or a clean rag.
- Repeat as necessary. Depending on the size of the paint spot, multiple applications may be necessary to fully penetrate the thickness of the paint.
Additional Tips and Advice
- Use caution when scraping at the paint. Blunt objects or scouring pads will quickly remove the softened paint, but may scratch or damage the finish of the toilet seat.
How do I remove a Harpic blue stain from my acrylic toilet seat please?
Check it out! We’ve answered your question! Yay!